We have no more than two weeks from today until we get to meet our little Punkin. We are hoping it is sooner, but it is all up to Punkin. I had hoped to be better at updating since I haven't been working, but we have been having issues with our internet at home. The house is finally complete! No more remodeling for a VERY long time!
Everything is ready for Punkin to arrive and believe me I am so ready! This heat is killing me! So far I feel like I have had a pretty easy pregnancy, physically, until this last month. Even with the back pain I had earlier, once I started some therapy that cleared itself up. This last month has been challenging. My last week of school I woke up and felt like I could literally breath fire! Heartburn has been killer. My legs get so restless at night that quite often I can't sleep. (and the next person that tells me that it is just getting me ready for the baby, prepare to be throat punched) I have had some swelling, mostly my ankles. There have been a few days that they have been so swollen that it hurts to walk. I think my love of salt had something to do with that...so since then I have been trying not to eat overly salty foods...which means no more pickles :( Since I have cut back on salt and kept my feet up for a few days the swelling has gone down. So far the doctor says I haven't made any progress. I guess I have made a good home for Punkin and he just isn't wanting to come out.
Here are few things that I am looking forward to Post Pregnancy:
1. Meeting Punkin and being a mommy
2. COMFORTABLE sleep - yes I know it will only be in about 2 hour time slots, but at least I will be comfortable!
3. Being able to roll over during the night without feeling like my pelvis will break in half.
4. Being able to breath again
5. No more heartburn
6. Not waddling
7. Being able to take Ibuprofen (Tylenol does nothing for me)
8. Being able to reach my feet again
9. Being able to get off the couch without feeling like an old woman
10. Not having braxton hicks contractions all the time, I mean really, they are just annoying and don't do anything.
Yes, I realize most of these are selfish reasons, but after 9 months I am ready!
This is just for anybody out there that was ever wondering. Here are a few things that it is NOT ok to say to a pregnant woman. (especially the further along she is)
1. Are you sure your not having twins? (Yes I'm sure! Thank you for calling me huge!)
2. You look like your going to explode! (Thanks, once again you called me huge!)
3. Don't tell us your horror stories of labor! Everyone is different. We can compare stories after the baby has been born, but telling us before will only make us worry about things.
4. Don't make comments on our swollen feet. Thats just not nice.
5. Just don't make comments about how huge we are. You wouldn't say those things to a nonpregnant woman, so don't say them to a pregnant woman. No woman I have ever met enjoys being called huge. We know we are huge! Your comments don't make us feel better.
Okay, that is all, can you tell I'm ready to have this baby? ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha! You and pickles! Hope to see you when I come up next weekend for my reunion! Love you! ~Laura
ReplyDeleteI know you dont feel beautiful, but you are. The look in your eye, the grace and dignity that is you. You are truly more beautiful now than you have ever been. It is a beauty of soul, of mind, of body. A beauty that only comes when a good woman and a good man truly love each other, and let God work in your life.
ReplyDeleteHa! I laughed all the way through this one! I can just picture those moments. I think I was there for a few but managed to avoid the throat punch! I'm so excited! Especially cause I don't have to go through any of the tough part I just get the happy part! Every time you text me I get excited!
ReplyDeleteOkay,
ReplyDeleteIs it time!?