Saturday, December 5, 2009

Celebrating July in December!

Well, this is it! What you have all been waiting for....Tom and I are PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!! I am ten weeks along and baby is doing great so far! We are due on July 4! Beware, this is long...but it does cover the last ten weeks of everything we have been going through.
We found out on October 19. We have nicknamed the baby Punkin, because we found out right before Halloween. I tested a couple of days early because dang it I was tired of waiting! Seems like that has been the theme of this entire year. Anyways, so I tested right when I got up, with a dollar store cheapie, went and brushed my teeth, came back and there was a VERY faint line. I went and immediately woke Tom up because he HAD to look at it to tell me what he thought. We had a digital test we were going to wait and use in a couple of days because technically I wasn't late yet, but of course we couldn't wait! A few minutes later and it popped up "Pregnant." We were so excited and kind of in disbelief. I called my dr that morning, went in and had blood work done that afternoon. Numbers came back at 68. Went in again 48 hrs later and numbers were 286! As long as they were between 5-500 that was good. The nurse called and said "We saw a nice rise." With partial molars your numbers tend to be a lot higher than they should be. We scheduled an ultrasound when I was 6 weeks 4 days. Had to wait a couple of weeks for that, but while we were waiting we decided to tell our parents on Tom's b-day. I wrapped up a little onsie that says "My daddy is a Police Officer" and put it in a birthday sack. When Tom opened it he said "well I don't think this will fit me, but I bet it will fit our new baby!" Everyone was so excited!
6 week ultrasound

The 6 week ultrasound was very emotional. The week prior to the ultrasound I had been having morning sickness, which I didn't mind...I don't really like throwing up, but hey, at least its a sign that something is going as it should. Then the day before the ultrasound my morning sickness vanished! It FREAKED me out! I just knew that there was something wrong and that when we went in to this ultrasound that they were going to give us the same crappy news that they did last time. The day of I was a complete wreck. If it hadn't been for my job keeping me so busy I would have been in tears most of the day. We got there, checked in, waited what seemed like forever, but was actually only about 30 minutes and then we got to go back. Walking down those hallways I almost lost it! Then we got in the room and they started the scan. There were two u/s techs in the room with us and if I had known that the one doing the scan was training I would have asked for the other lady to have done it. I'm not normally like that, but with everything we have been through I just wanted someone who knew exactly what they were looking at and for. She scanned and scanned....listened to a bunch of different things, like blood flow to my ovaries....this all happened with our u/s in January and then at the end they gave us the bad news....finally, she listened to something and then afterwards says "well the babies heartrate is 144." O was that what you were finally listening to?!? I wanted to kick her! Why didn't we get to listen to that first and why didn't you tell us that when you started listening? Instead, I just said, "O was that what that was?" and she confirmed and then let us listen again. After hearing the heartbeat I just couldn't quit smiling. Then I had to have an internal u/s done because since I was so early they couldn't see the baby with just the regular one. Then we got to see our little Punkin! We could see the little flicker of his heart and we both fell in love. I have to have my u/s done at the hospital because of insurance reasons so they sent all of the pics off to the radiologist to look at and then my dr. My dr called two days later to say that the baby was looking good and measure right on track! Also, they told us that I have a large cyst on my left ovary, but that they are not concerned with it.
9 week ultrasound



Schedled another u/s for when I was 9 weeks 3 days. Nerves were a little calmer this time around and we were a lot more excited about going in. Everytime I would get nervous I would just pray, think of all of the prayes we had said and all of the prayers that were being said for us. What amazing family and friends we have. We got back to the room and they started the scan. you could actually see the baby this time with the regulare one and you could see the little blob right away. I told Tom that Punkin must be taking after him because he was being so ornery. They tech would finally find him and get ready to take a picture and he would move and she would have to scan for a little while before she found him again. (I only call the baby "he" because I don't want to call it "it" for 9 months, as we don't plan on finding out what we are having.) At the end of the u/s they zoomed in and we could see Punkin moving his little limb buds (future arms and legs). We also got to see the heart beat again. Heart rate was measuring 172. I think we could have stayed in there forever watching and listening. Hearing that heart beat has got to be the best sound I have EVER heard. Dr. called two days later and said baby is growing very good! The cyst on my ovary is still there but they are still not concerned with it. However, they do want to monitor it, so that means extra ultrasounds! Our next one will be in about 4 weeks!
So that has been the last 10 weeks. We have made it through all of our early monitoring and now have no worries of it being another partial molar pregnancy. Overall, I have been feeling really well. Other than that first week of morning sickness I really haven't had any. (Now that I typed that it will prolly change.) I do have a few days here and there were I kinda feel a little green, but its not too bad. Lemons and limes with a little salt have helped tremendously when I am feeling a little green. Also, jolly ranchers and suckers. I am hungry ALL the time!!!! It is quite ridiculous how much food I am eating, but luckily I haven't gained any weight yet.

We are so excited and feel so blessed. Thank you so much to everyone that has been sending up thoughts and prayers for us. It is greatly appreciated.

8 comments:

  1. sigh, thankfully I can tell everyone now. Keeping such joy a secret was extremely difficult. Love you, we are very, very, blessed.
    Dad Killebrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just soooooo happpppppy for you two!!!!! And for your families!!!!!!! I am so glad that things are going right on track as they should. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers and we can't wait to meet little Punkin in July!!!!!

    Love,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have checked your blog almost everyday waiting for this! I am so happy for you both. I ate a tons of limes when I was pregnant. Try chewy sweat tarts if you think you might throw up. it really does help. Okay it does not stop you from throwing up but makes the experience a little less terrible.
    We will keep you all in our prayers
    Lisa Clapp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah SO excited for you!!! I will be sending out good thoughts that everything goes well for you and punkin!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! And you found out on my birthday!!! I think I can officially consider it as a lucky day now :) Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah and Tom, we have been waiting and praying for this wonderful news! We are so happy for you. I can't wait to be a great aunt. Wow, now that sounds old! Anything for punkin!
    Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea! I'm gonna be a Granny Bee! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey sarah, this is Glenna. Guess what i found out a couple of weeks ago?! Im PREGNANT!!! Im due July 27th! It will be kind of neat to have our babies so close in age!! Im so happy for you and Tom! CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete