Wednesday, January 27, 2010

17week4day glamour shots!

Ok well, this pic of me is a couple weeks old. It was taken at 15 weeks. I am currently 17 weeks 4 days. I started feeling Punkin move about a week ago! Best feeling ever! He likes to have a party around 3am. Thats usually when I have to get up and go to the bathroom. When I lay back down I guess he gets excited because there is more room to move. Then I get excited and can't go back to sleep.
We had two very good appointments today. The first with my regular dr. We got to hear Punkin's heartrate which was in the 160s. He was moving around quite a bit so she had to chase him around my belly. I told Tom that he was being ornery just like his daddy! Dr. came in and said I was measuring right along where I should be. I am no longer allowed to cross my legs or shift my weight back and forth do to my sciatic nerve being compressed. This has started just in the last week or so. Hopefully doing this will help. She said if it got to where it was too painful or I couldn't walk they would start me on physical therapy. Let's hope that it doesn't get that bad. So far it has only been half a day and I'm having trouble not crossing my legs.






We then had our appointment with the perinatal specialist this afternoon. To the side you can see two profile pics of Punkin's face. I think he looks like he is making a monkey face in the second one. The u/s was amazing. We could see so much and we could see him moving around. She said he was actually measuring about 18weeks 1day, which would put our due date on June 29th. Since it is so close to our original due date though they just left it at July 4th. He is 5.5 inches long and weighs 1/2 a pound. The technician kept trying to take pics of different angles of his heart and he was being stubborn, so she couldn't get a good pic. She then said she was going to try to get him to move and started pushing up and down on my belly with the "magic wand." I almost laughed out loud just because it seemed kinda bizarre. He still wouldn't move, so I suggested maybe I go to the bathroom because I can feel him move more afterwards. So I did, and when she started the scan again you could see him going crazy! It was funny and she was able to get her pics. We also got to see images in 3-d which looked really weird. Talk about looking like an alien! But you could see him moving around better with the 3-d. It looked like he was sucking his thumb and then we saw him rub his face and kick his legs. We got to bring home a DVD. I think we have watched it at least 5 times since we have been home. Dr. came in and said the baby looks great. No concerns with anything they are seeing with Punkin.....






Feet
Hands

I happen to be another matter....of course!
It looks like my placenta is lying pretty low at this point. He said they weren't real concerned with it because it would probably correct itself. If it doesn't that means a c-section.
He was also concerned because I have had a D&C before and sometimes when you have had one your cervix starts opening up before it should, which I think they call it an incompetent cervix. So he said he would just recommend that my dr monitor me to make sure all is well. This would mean drs visits every 2-3 weeks. If something were to start to go wrong that would mean bedrest.
He also noticed the cyst on my ovary and is going to recommend that we monitor that to make sure that it doesn't get any bigger. He said it is pretty close to my cervix too so his concern is that it might rupture. Monitoring that would mean u/s's once a month. Tom and I have decided that it may be hard NOT to find out what Punkin is with all these u/s. We just hope no one slips up and tells us.
I have decided that there really isn't anything I can do about these extra things I'm being monitored for so I'm just going to give everything to God and let Him worry about it. If there is anything I have learned this past year it is that I am not in control and whatever is in God's plan for me and Punkin will happen. I will pray for everything to continue to be fine, for Punkin to continue to grow big and strong and for both of our health and well being, but I'm not going to loose sleep about it or think about it too much other than in prayer. Thank you so much to the many of you that are doing the same. We love you all so much! and we hope we can show you our DVD!
3-d pic

2 comments:

  1. So glad the appointments went welll and that you got a DVD!!!! We will continue to pray for y'all.
    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear about your possibley incompetent cervix but i am glad to hear that you are doing OK and that the little alien in you is also ok! ;) I like the picture of the hand best...the 3-D pics freak me out lol

    ReplyDelete